Monday, April 5, 2010

Class Video with Leonard Peltier

I really enjoy class videos and this video of the story of Leonard Peltier was no different. One of the main reasons why I liked this video is because I am a history major. This story was right up my alley, I love learning about old stories like this where different people or groups had showdowns with the government. The beginning of the video was very catchy, but as the video wore on I became more and more angry with the story and how the government could charge an innocent man in my eyes to a lengthy stay in jail.
The government officials in this documentary pissed me off. It seems to me as if they knew this man was innocent but still made up lies about Peltier and his friends just so they could frame someone for the deaths of their coworkers. One of the officials bothered me in that he was smiling when talking about Peltier being charged and put in jail. It was as if he had been brainwashed or something into believing all the lies that had been made up to frame this man.
Not only was Peltier charged wrongly, but he has been given the shaft. I think it was you who said that Clinton had promised to release him from jail, but he got preoccupied and did not end up doing it. I would be so angry if I was told I would be released and then not let go. I also don't think this is all the governments fault because Peltier knows who killed the officials yet he will not tell the government who. This just seems dumb to me, but I am not an Indian and from what the men said in the video, they don't tell on others.

1 comment: